Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lectio Divina - One hundred and twenty-eight


Lal Ded, translated by Coleman Barks in Women in Praise of the Sacred: 43 Centuries of Spiritual Poetry by Women, ed. Jane Hirshfield, Harper Perennial, 1995, p.121.
The soul, like the moon,
is new, and always new again.
And I have seen the ocean
continuously creating.
Since I scoured my mind
and my body, I too, Lalla,
am new, each moment new.
My teacher told me one thing,
Live in the soul.
When that was so,
I began to go naked,
and dance.



3 comments:

Lindsay Boyer said...

Thank you for every moment.

Help me to meet it naked and new.

Jeanne said...

I too have watched the ocean constantly creating. To compare my own self to that possibility excites my soul! Dancing naked and new -- wow!

Veliero dell'Alba said...

How beautiful to find your essential self, naked and joyous - and to dance with it in celebration!