Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lectio Divina - One hundred and twenty-six



Thomas Keating and Contemplative Outreach, Intentions for the Coming Year

Led by Thomas Keating, we have set forth intentions for the coming year. These are the measures that we aspire to and will return to . . .

• To heed the call to be transformed and then to rely on God to enable us to pass on the mercy, forgiveness, compassion and love to all humanity that we have received.
• To create a context in which the transformation of humanity can take place.
• To make the practice of Centering Prayer and the conceptual background readily available.
• To see Christ as present in everything and everyone.
• To acknowledge that any good accomplished is the work of the Holy Spirit.


2 comments:

Lindsay Boyer said...

I’ve never been big on New Year’s resolutions, perhaps because I believe that the spiritual journey invites us to open to the possibility of transformation in every moment, not just on January 1st. However, these intentions prepared by Thomas Keating and Contemplative Outreach provide some useful guidelines for those on the contemplative path.

Loving God, help me to open myself to you that I may play a part in the transformation of humanity. I long to see your face in everything and everyone. May your love flow through me to the world.

Claire Pamplin said...

I am reading Gandhi's autobiography. He writes that his primary motivation in everything he did was to see God "face to face."